Sunday, June 9, 2019

Magnolia River, Magnolia Springs


I think I'd rather do a little less telling and more showing today, if that's alright with y'all. Follow along in the video below as we explore the Magnolia River in the sleepy little town of Magnolia Springs, Alabama. Some highlights of this trip were: me not getting my feet wet at the put-in (lol) and a little discussion about the mailboxes on the river.


If you've decided to put-in at this location, please consider that there are only four designated parking spots. One might think it looks rather innocent to park on either side of the quiet gravel street, but the people who live on the street say otherwise. My advice is to be aware and to be respectful of the residents' wishes for people to not park on their property; have a plan B kayaking adventure in mind if all of the spots are taken.

You can find the location of this public launch on the Go Paddling App or here on paddling.com.

There are no portalets at this location.

Until next time.
Carpe diem, my friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment