Monday, May 20, 2019

Sunrise Paddle on Mobile Bay

Sunday was the perfect day to just piddle-paddle about and peacefully bob around on the open waters of Mobile Bay at the Fairhope Municipal Pier / Beach. We bobbed along and explored the inverse of some of our favorite views from the shoreline.


The sun rising over the live oaks, flowering magnolias, and long-leaf pines was beautiful. I've said this before and I'll say it again and again: sunrise is my favorite time of day. My neighborhood is nestled under a canopy of green year-round. The evergreen trees provide shade, privacy, and a continuous sense of well-being in my soul that doesn't does go dormant in the winter along with the deciduous trees. I can't see the sun rise from my front porch like I could in the mountains, but I can strap a kayak to the top of my vehicle and be on any number of rivers, creeks, or bays surrounding my county and catch the sun rising over the water. I'd say that's a rather fair trade off.


As we were loading our kayaks, the most Fairhopian vehicle that I have ever seen pulled into the parking spot across from us:


A golf cart with a kayak strapped to it's passenger side! If you asked me to submit an image that embodied #fairhopelife, it would be this. Fairhopians love puttering around downtown in golf carts, enjoying a carefree evening. Some folks even use them to drive to work every morning. Other Fairhopians enjoy going down to the bay to walk, fish, paddle board, or kayak. This person obviously enjoys it ALL to the fullest, and, I must say, I am quite green with envy!

Until next time.
Carpe diem, my friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment